Business Development Manager
Establish yourself as an integral member of the business development team to provide a greater awareness of the Locale Group offering in order to build and maintain valuable and profitable client relationships.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a pressured but supported environment and be driven to establish and build valuable long-term partnerships with potential and existing clients. Self- motivated and proactive, you embrace a commission-based role for the rewards it can bring to a natural business development and salesperson. We build and deliver digital property management, communications and occupier engagement solutions in partnership with our clients, so you will have a consultative approach to communicating to our clients how our solutions can improve their, and their customers’ lives.
With a positive outlook to work and the future of our business offering, you identify with Locale’s values and commit to behaviours that support and strengthen the Locale brand, its products, and its people.
Business Development Director
Locale is UK’s leading provider of digital solutions across the real estate sector. Founded in 2005, we have combined our in-depth understanding of the property industry with state-of- the-art technology redefining:
- the way any real estate asset is managed
- the way in which real estate engages with its occupiers in a bid to create a cohesive community
- the way in which we communicate with stakeholders
Our longevity is sustained by our brand culture and core values, all centred on a people-driven approach. By prioritising the needs of our customers, and our relationships within the community, we have continually delivered a first-class experience with an ever-evolving group of products and services. Currently, the business comprises three key products:
- Locale – the portal
- Locale Life – an occupier engagement service
- Locale Look – visual communications service through digital signage
We consider our six core values that allow us, our customers, and the real estate industry to fearlessly pursue and inspire creativity, ambition, and passion for digital solutions towards a future that keeps people at its heart...
- Customer commitment
- Health & Wellbeing
- Diversity & Inclusivity
Boasting a national footprint, we work with some of the biggest names in the real estate sector and are proud to be delivering digital solutions to some of the most renowned buildings and communities including the Shard, Digbeth in Birmingham and Harbour Exchange in Docklands.
- shortlisted in the “Employer of the Year” category at EG Awards 2021
- extremely varied role, opportunity to work on broader marketing and communications projects
- brand new position – put your own stamp on it and lots of room for growth
- very well established, future proof and pioneering UK business
- dynamic and fast-moving environment, with plenty of growth opportunities
Role & Responsibilities
- you will work with existing customers to grow their accounts
- you will drive new business through new customers and channels
- you will build and deliver against an account plan by consistently expanding the Locale sales pipeline
- you will meet agreed revenue targets and KPIs
- you will liaise with existing and prospective customers via telephone & email, with client visits in the UK and possibly overseas as required
- you will perform web-based and in-person product demos
- you will leverage a consultative approach to determine customer growth opportunities
- you will proactively sell into multiple levels of an organization
- you will support and behave to Locale’s values and messaging
- you will take ownership of your professional and personal development by actively engaging with Locale’s review and development process
Skills & Requirements
- you have a minimum of two years of sales and business development experience
- you have a background/understanding in real estate or property management
- you are proficient with technology and systems
- you are competitive and driven by targets and results
- you are based in UK, spending an agreed number of days in our Oxford city centre HQ, with regular travel to London, and other UK major cities as required
- you are an experienced and strong networker, focused on building long-term relationships
- you delight in selling a SaaS product that solves real business problems, delivering managed solutions rather than ‘sell-and-run’
- you have very strong conversational and written English and are able to present our solutions in a clear, understandable way to a wide group of Locale’s stakeholders
- you enjoy taking responsibility and working in and across small teams, with a high level of autonomy and accountability
- you are highly organised and hardworking
If this sounds like you, please apply!
The Locale Package
- up to £35k base salary (depending on experience) + commission (£80k OTE)
- Hybrid role and flexible working policy
- Professional development
- 25 days holiday, loyalty scheme for added days off
- Private no-excess medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programme
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Locale is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disabilities, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your great fit with Locale by email to email@example.com. We endeavour to respond weekly to applications by email in the first instance. When applying via an online job engine, please ensure you monitor any in- engine messaging function appropriately.
No canvassers or recruitment agencies please.