Locale Life Events Manager
As the Locale Life Events Manager, your main role will be to plan and run our clients’ events and event calendars, run and manage client surveys, promote and sell the Locale Life experience and report to senior management and the Locale Life Board.
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organisational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and have some sales experience. Self-motivated and proactive, you will have the confidence to contact existing and new clients with the Locale Life offering; and attend meetings with the Sales Team to facilitate closing deals. You will manage the whole process from the planning stage of a client event/events calendar, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. We build and deliver digital property management, communications and occupier engagement solutions in partnership with our clients, so you will have a direct but consultative approach to communicating to our clients how our solutions can improve their and their customers’ lives.
With a positive outlook to work and the future of our business offering, you identify with Locale Life’s values and commit to behaviours that support and strengthen The Locale Group brand, its products, and its people.
Director of Business Development
Locale is UK’s leading provider of digital solutions across the real estate sector. Founded in 2005, we have combined our in-depth understanding of the property industry with state-of- the-art technology redefining:
- the way any real estate asset is managed
- the way in which real estate engages with its occupiers in a bid to create a cohesive community
- the way in which we communicate with stakeholders
Our longevity is sustained by our brand culture and core values, all centred on a people-driven approach. By prioritising the needs of our customers, and our relationships within the community, we have continually delivered a first-class experience with an ever-evolving group of products and services. Currently, the business comprises three key products:
- Locale – the portal
- Locale Life – an occupier engagement service
- Locale Look – visual communications service through digital signage
We consider our six core values that allow us, our customers, and the real estate industry to fearlessly pursue and inspire creativity, ambition, and passion for digital solutions towards a future that keeps people at its heart.
- Customer commitment
- Health & Wellbeing
- Diversity & Inclusivity
Boasting a national footprint, we work with some of the biggest names in the real estate sector and are proud to be delivering digital solutions to some of the most renowned buildings and communities including the Shard, Digbeth in Birmingham and Harbour Exchange in Docklands.
- shortlisted in the “Employer of the Year” category at EG Awards 2021
- extremely varied role, opportunity to work on broader marketing and communicationsprojects
- brand new position – put your own stamp on it and lots of room for growth
- very well established, future proof and pioneering UK business
- dynamic and fast-moving environment, with plenty of growth opportunities
Role & Responsibilities
- you will liaise with clients to find out their exact event requirements
- you will produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets), and manage contractors and team members as required
- you will liaise with existing and prospective customers via telephone & email, with client visits in the UK and possibly overseas as required
- you will perform web-based and in-person meetings
- you will liaise with the sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote the events on behalf of the clients
- you will work closely with the finance team to ensure that budgets are adhered to
- you will manage all pre-event planning, including liaising with the building staff on behalf of vendors
- you produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
- you will produce surveys and polls on behalf of our clients, and report on the findings
- you will produce management reports on Locale Life activities and present these to senior management and the Locale Life Board
- you will manage all out-sourced providers, including event vendors and national and local offers as part of putting together ‘offers & promotions’ packages for the clients
- you will proactively sell the Locale Life experience and offering to existing Locale Group clients and potential new clients
- you will support and behave to Locale’s values and messaging
- you will take ownership of your professional and personal development by actively engaging with Locale’s review and development process
Skills & Requirements
- you have a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Event Management, or Hospitality, with 3+ years’ experience in industry; or you have 6+ years’ experience in the industry
- you have strong communication and marketing skills
- you have project management experience
- you have good leadership skills
- you are highly organized and are multi-tasker
- you have expert interpersonal skills
- you have some risk management experience
- you are proficient with technology and systems
- you are based in UK, spending an agreed number of days in our Oxford HQ, with regular travel to London, and other UK major cities as required
- you have very strong conversational and written English and are able to present our solutions in a clear, understandable way to a wide group of Locale’s stakeholders
- you enjoy taking responsibility and working in and across small teams, with a high level of autonomy and accountability
If this sounds like you, please apply!
The Locale Package
- up to £35,000 base salary (depending on experience)
- Hybrid role and flexible working policy
- Professional development
- 25 days holiday, loyalty scheme for added days off
- Private no-excess medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programme
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Locale is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disabilities, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your great fit with Locale by email to email@example.com. We endeavour to respond weekly to applications by email in the first instance. When applying via an online job engine, please ensure you monitor any in- engine messaging function appropriately.
No canvassers or recruitment agencies please